Thursday, May 24, 2007

Today is a bloggin lovely day

Forgive me for this "artsy" blog. So I'm shacked up in this hotel room outside of dc and JUST StarTED dANCING In front of the mirror SeeING where THE dAYtrip movement should come from. The only thiNG iCAN remember is speed. LOTS OF SPEED. Flailing my limbs about is fun and liberating and exhausting... all of those things I love and need in my life. I want to make sure this SHOW taps into my emotional side (one which I find hard to not analyze intellectually) and show all of the emotional aspects of my job, my personal life, my love life (or consistent lack there of. It's hard when caring about SOMEONE is always placed on the BACKBURNER after loving SOMETHING, i.e. my craft and ambitions to master it.) What will be FUN challenge is getting everyone to understand where my style of movement comes from. Don't get me wrong, on the surface it is obvious (bboy, capoeirista, ballet, yada yada yada...) but teaching other people how to do it is another. Transitions are important to me but often prove difficult since I am definitely a doter on moments that appeal to me. Smoothing out my love would better serve this show.


Things to remember~
Brian's solo with reinforcements
What will take the place of "High Resolution"?
Who put the bop in the bop-shoo-bop? (just checking if you're reaDING)
Will the ISWYD Instrumentals be available in time to edit some of the show?
How many Full cast pieces should there be? 4? 4's a good number.
Remember: Top Rock Lovers Who do Ballet
What can we actually do that no one else can do, physically?
Are we really a "trick" company anymore?
Rasperry Fields/ Battle for Asgard beat
Sweeps and reverse grinders and cOIN dROPS

I have a poster to edit do to some miscommunications with the DCA. gOTTA go.

quote for the night:

"Centerfold Dreams/ These lights can Unfold to Show you Such a beautiful thing/
Beautiful Thing/ Such a beautiful thing"
Lazerfaces Warning